Sunday, March 15, 2009

the West Pole

Although this has nothing to do with NYC, I feel compelled to write about Silje Wergeland, the new singer of the GATHERING.
What I wanted to hear was the GATHERING as I know them with a different twist added by the new vocalist. What I heard was a completely different band that unfortunately is nothing extraordinarily unique compared to other bands of similar genre.
I hate to compare vocalists...But I think that this is inevitable. Silje has a beautiful voice and complements the new compositions; however, lets just say that before the gathering was Anneke, now the Gathering is NOT Silje. Maybe eventually this will happen, but for the 3 songs on myspace, the atmosphere of all elements combined transcended the uniqueness of the voice.
I really like the song WEST POLE and TREASURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share